• This is me.

    Welcome to my site!
  • God is good!

    He is my Abba Father!
  • Relax.

    In Him I have my rest.
  • Blur.

    I am lost without Him.
  • He finds me cute.

    He even bothers to count my hair!
  • Tantrums.

    He puts up with my tantrums.
  • I'm no good without Him.

    In Him I can do all things!
  • God is Good!

    He is so all the time!


Radical Grace Through Radical Means!

Standing Before the Lord


You can download this blog post in e-Book format HERE.

Foreword
One Word from God can transform my life. Yet it is one word with the sense of His immense love for me that will cause the transformation.

Wisdom is to know that God loved me from His Word and life’s experiences. The resultant knowledge of His love is the Tree of Life. I am blessed when I hold fast to that knowledge [Proverbs 3:12-18, AMP].

The only Beloved Son of God dying on the Cross as Jesus the Man is the display and proof of God’s great and everlasting love for me [Romans 5:8]. Therefore, Jesus the Christ is my Wisdom [1 Corinthians 1:30]. I see the Cross to get knowledge of God’s love for me. When I put that knowledge into practice, it becomes Wisdom.

Our Lord as Jesus the Man prayed for a bail out in the darkest hour of his life. Yet He trusted in the love of God for Him to see Him through. This is recorded in Matthew 26:39. The point is this; Jesus the Man went through it with the sense of God’s love for Him. This brings to mind the three young men in the Book of Daniel [Daniel 3:24-25].

The underpinning significance is this; God’s love for us will see us through any storms in our lives with immense good coming out of them.  Jesus the Man manifested this in Mark 4:39. The strong sense of God’s love within Him gave Him tremendous peace. And that same peace calmed the tempest.

Let patience have full play and do a thorough work so that we may be people perfectly and fully developed, lacking in nothing [James 1:4].  Our Lord as Jesus the Man has set the example. We follow His example; the example of trusting in God’s love for us. Hence Psalm 23:1 says that “The Lord is our Shepherd and we shall not lack.” Can you see the connection?

Should we not be able to see God’s love for us, let us ask of the giving God Who shall liberally show and teach us [James 1:5]. And we shall learn to trust in His love by studying and pondering on that love and then practice it in our lives [Proverbs 3:12-18].

When God starts to show and teach us His love through our circumstances, we are to stand on His love [James 1:6]. How can we ever learn of His love for ourselves if we do not let His love shine through our challenges in life?

God promised in Proverbs 8:17 that those who seek Him shall find Him.

God is not a man, that He should tell or act a lie, neither the son of man, that He should feel repentance or compunction [for what He has promised]. Has He said and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken and shall He not make it good? [Numbers 23:19]. Abraham was persuaded and won over by God’s love for him [Romans 4:21].

Anyone can interpret the scriptures in favour of an adopted stand [2 Peter 3:16]. I find that the only constant in the Bible is God’s love for me.  Therefore, I have chosen to read and interpret the Bible in the greater context of His love for me.

This is my stand.

The entire Bible is about God’s love for me. It behooves me to study and ponder the scriptures in the light of His love for me.

Psalms 1:1-3, AMP, Blessed (happy, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes], nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather.  But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night.  And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].

It is only because of what God’s only Beloved Son has done as Jesus the Man that I now get to know (as a privilege) the love of God for me.

I am the beloved child of God getting to know His love for me.

Standing Before the Lord
Everyone will take their stand before the Lord when He returns [2 Corinthians 5:10, Romans 14:12].
To me, “stand” means the position I have taken on this side of heaven.  I will appear before the Lord with my personal conviction.  He will then let me know or show me the authenticity of my adopted stand.  In other words, He will judge my adopted stand according to my heart.

The Lord sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart [1 Samuel 16:7].

God promised He would give me a new heart.  Yet it is not instantaneous.  It is a gradual renewal process as I progressively come to know or be persuaded or won over by God’s love for me [2 Corinthians 8:9];  His love for me as shown and demonstrated by the death of His only Beloved Son on the Cross as Jesus the Man [Romans 5:8].

Therefore, the Bible tells me that I am God’s work in progress [Philippians 1:6]; the on-going renewal of my heart that comes from repentance [change in thinking] as I hear of God’s love for me as demonstrated by the Cross. Hence, Romans 10:17, AMP, “So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself).”

What did Jesus, the proof of God’s love, tell me?

God the Father Himself tenderly loved me [John 16:27]. God, the Creator of the entire Cosmos, is my Father! He is my loving Father! He loved me. He loved me tenderly from before antiquity to eternity [John 3:16].

John 3:16 [AMP]
For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

The scope of God’s love for me is seen in the word “loved” in John 3:16. It is in the past tense indicating the duration of His love. He loved me when I was just an idea in His loving mind.

The depth of His love for me is evident from the “sending” or “giving up” of His only beloved Son to die for me on the Cross.

This is further illustrated in Philippians 2:6-8, AMP, “Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped or retained, But stripped Himself [of all privileges and rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being.  And after He had appeared in human form, He abased and humbled Himself [still further] and carried His obedience to the extreme of death, even the death of the cross!”

One word from God can transform my life; just one word with the sense of His immense love for me.

When I hear the song, “Love Me Tender”, it reminds me of God’s love for me.  This is my version of the lyrics:


He loved me tender, He loved me sweet,
He never lets me go [Romans 8:35, Hebrews 13:5, Deuteronomy 31:6, 8].
He has made my life complete, for He loved me so [John 3:16].
He loved me tender, He loved me true.[John 16:27]
I’m His dream fulfilled.
I’m His darling and He loved me.
And He always will.

When I begin to practice the sense of His love for me, it flows to my heart. And out of the heart springs forth the issues of life. Proverbs 4:23, Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life.

How do I keep and guard my heart?

It is through the peace in knowing that God loved me. It is the peace that results in being content with my earthly lot of whatever sort [Philippians 4:11].  God has allowed all things (good and bad) to happen for my good because He loved me [Romans 8:28].

How do I know that God loved me?

It is by the display and proof of His love for me as demonstrated by the death of His only Beloved Son on the Cross as Jesus the Man [Romans 5:8, 1 John 4:10].

Our Lord Jesus puts it this way in John 14:27, AMP, “Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]”

Jesus the Man bequeathed or passed on to me His peace by proving God’s love for me through His death on the Cross. The death Itself is the proof.  Jesus the Man allowing Himself to die on the Cross represented trust in God’s love put into action.

Jesus the Man trusted in the love of God for Him so much that He obeyed God even to the death of the Cross. Therefore [because He stooped so low] God has highly exalted Him and has freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name [Philippians 2:9].

It was obedience in accepting His portion in life. It was the peace that resulted in being content with His earthly lot of whatever sort [Philippians 4:6-7, AMP]. All of these were girded by the sense of God’s love for Him.

Did Jesus the Man prayed to be bailed out of it all? Yes!

It was recorded in Matthew 26:39, AMP, “And going a little farther, He threw Himself upon the ground on His face and prayed saying, My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will [not what I desire], but as You will and desire.”

Yet Jesus the Man acknowledged that God had His best interest at heart. In the same fashion, I acknowledge that God’s love for my will direct and make straight and plain my paths [Proverbs 3:6].
This brings me to Philippians 4:6-7, AMP, “Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.  And God’s peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”

Right after Jesus the Man prayed for the “cup to pass away from Him’, He stood on God’s love for Him. With that trust, peace ensued.

No matter how bad any situation may appear in my life, the death of God’s only Beloved Son as Jesus the Man on the Cross has proven beyond a shadow of doubt that God is working in all situations to do good in, to and for me!

This is the peace that will guard my heart and mind by looking at what God had done in, for and through Jesus the Man.

From His death, I see that God allows all things [good and bad] to work together for my good [Romans 8:28]. Even when circumstances may seem so dire and bleak, yet God is in control to bring all things in my favour.

Jesus the Man had great peace [Shalom peace] because He trusted in the love of God for Him.
It is the trust in God’s love for me that will enable me to be content.

And it is, indeed, a source of immense profit, for godliness accompanied with contentment (that contentment which is a sense of inward sufficiency) is great and abundant gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and obviously we cannot take anything out of the world; But if we have food and clothing, with these we shall be content (satisfied). But those who crave to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and into many foolish (useless, godless) and hurtful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction and miserable perishing. For the love of money is a root of all evils; it is through this craving that some have been led astray and have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves through with many acute [mental] pangs.  But as for you, O man of God, flee from all these things; aim at and pursue righteousness (right standing with God and true goodness), godliness (which is the loving fear of God and being Christlike), faith, love, steadfastness (patience), and gentleness of heart. [1 Timothy 6:6-11].

The words “wandered from the faith” reminds me of what our Lord Jesus said in Matthew 13:20-22, AMP.
God’s love for me is best learnt in the challenges of my life. I can only do what God has placed in my hands to do.  Thereafter, I stand on His love for me [Ephesians 6:13, AMP].

I can boldly approach the throne of grace to ask for anything [Hebrews 4:16]. Yet I trust in my Father’s love for me to give me what I should have when I should have them.

There are lessons to be learnt from the scriptures [2 Timothy 3:16]. I learnt a lesson from the record of King Hezekiah about  trusting God’s Sovereign love and providence [Isaiah 38:5, footnote].

God’s time for Hezekiah to die had come (Isa. 38:1), but he had no son. It was unthinkable to him, apparently, that he should die and leave no heir to his throne. As devout as he was, he could not trust the Lord to give His faithful servant what was best for him. So he took matters into his own hands and begged to be allowed to live on. The Lord granted his request—sons were born. How immense the grief that resulted! One of his sons, Manasseh, became Hezekiah’s disgraceful and ruthless successor, not for just a few years, but for fifty-five! (II Kings 21:1ff.) He undid everything reformatory that had been done, established idol worship, caused his son to go through the fire as an offering to the pagan god, defied God’s prophets, and caused the slaughter of those who opposed him (including perhaps Isaiah, his father’s best friend who, according to Jewish tradition, was sawed in half during Manasseh’s reign). How little Hezekiah knew of what was best for him or for Judah! How presumptuous is anyone who demands that his own shortsighted vision replace the wisdom of God’s plan for his own life or for that of others!
(The above passage is extracted from HERE)

Wisdom is to know that God loved me. The only Beloved Son of God dying on the Cross as Jesus the Man is the conclusive proof of that love.  Therefore, Jesus the Christ is my Wisdom [1 Corinthians 1:30].
As the beloved children of God, His corrections are aimed at letting us know of His great love for us.

Proverbs 3:12-18, For whom the Lord loves He corrects, even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.  Happy (blessed, fortunate, enviable) is the man who finds skillful and godly Wisdom, and the man who gets understanding [drawing it forth from God’s Word and life’s experiences],  For the gaining of it is better than the gaining of silver, and the profit of it better than fine gold.  Skillful and godly Wisdom is more precious than rubies; and nothing you can wish for is to be compared to her.  Length of days is in her right hand, and in her left hand are riches and honor.  Her ways are highways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.  She is a tree of life to those who lay hold on her; and happy (blessed, fortunate, to be envied) is everyone who holds her fast.

Wisdom is to know that God loved me from His Word and life’s experiences. The resultant knowledge of His love is the Tree of Life. I am blessed when I hold fast to that knowledge.

The entire Bible is about God’s love for me. It behooves me to study and ponder the scriptures in the light of His love for me.

Psalms 1:1-3, Blessed (happy, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes], nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather.  But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night.  And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].

When my mind is constantly reminded of God’s love for me, that knowledge will flow to my heart. With that, a sense of God’s love is being developed gradually within me.

What is in my heart determines my actions.

The Apostle John said that if I do not love, I do not know the love of God [1 John 4:7-8]. Then he provided the means to know the love of God in 1 John 4:9,  “In this the love of God was made manifest (displayed) where we are concerned: in that God sent His Son, the only begotten or unique [Son], into the world so that we might live through Him.”

If my actions do not reflect the trust in God’s love, I have yet to know His love for me.

James 2:14, “What is the use (profit), my brethren, for anyone to profess to have faith if he has no [good] works [to show for it]? Can [such] faith save [his soul]?”

Faith (trust in the unearned, unmerited and undeserved love of God for me) without the resulting effects of that love in me manifesting as corresponding actions (works) is dead (void of the sense of God’s love).

The Apostle Paul said that even if I have been given spiritual gifts and doing acts of charity and yet not know the love of God, I am but like the sounding of cymbals [1 Corinthians 13:1-3]. That paints a picture of loud and irritating noise. It infers that I can have the gifts of the blessed Holy Spirit and yet not be convicted of God’s love for me.  By extension, it also means that I can be materially blessed beyond my wildest imaginations and yet not have an inkling idea of God’s love for me. It reminds me of Adam before the Fall.
It is no wonder that the Apostle Paul said that He was determined to know nothing except Christ crucified, that is, the display and proof of God’s love [1 Corinthians 2:2, Romans 5:8].

If the Apostle of grace needed to be constantly reminded of God’s love for him through the Cross, what more I?

Do I need to feel condemned for not knowing the love of God for me or not measuring up to His love with my actions? No! God forbids!

Romans 5:8 tells me that God proved His love for me by the Cross when I was still a sinner in rejection of His love for me. What more now that I am seeking to know of His love for me? Perfect love cast out fear which is rooted in guilt and condemnation [1 John 4:18].

In practical terms, getting to know God’s love for me means:

1. Reading and thinking scriptures in the context of His love for me;
2. Making sense and connecting scriptures in the light of His love for me;
3. Standing on His proven love for me when faced with any challenge that is thrown at me.

The crimson thread running through the Bible from cover to cover is God’s great and everlasting love for me. He loved me from before antiquity right through to eternity.

It is meditating on scriptures through the lens of His unmerited, unearned and undeserved love for me and writing about it consequentially.

This is my personal conviction. This is how I enjoy my Bible.

I am the beloved child of God that Jesus the Christ has made me to be [2 Corinthians 5:21] in the process of getting to know God’s love for me.

If you have been blessed by this literature, let all glory and praise redound to our loving Father God. If there is anything you find amiss with this, let God judge my heart.

If you would like to support the declaration of God’s great love, you can do so HERE.

This has been brought to you by Enjoying the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labor Pains

John 16:21-22 likened Jesus' disciples to a woman in labor.
21A woman, when she gives birth to a child, has grief (anguish, agony) because her time has come. But when she has delivered the child, she no longer remembers her pain (trouble, anguish) because she is so glad that a man (a child, a human being) has been born into the world.

22So for the present you are also in sorrow (in distress and depressed); but I will see you again and [then] your hearts will rejoice, and no one can take from you your joy (gladness, delight).

John 16:33 is the epidural:
I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]
This series of free pregnancy e-books serves to give an idea of the pregnancy experience. Very suited for men. May this series help in relating better to John 16:21-22 when we experience labor pains in our Christian walk. For a start, may it help the men love and appreciate their wives just that little bit more.
General Survival Tips
Getting Pregnant 1st Trimester Survival Tips
Man's Role During Pregnancy 2nd Trimester Survival Tips
Pregnancy Cook Book 3rd Trimester Survival Tips
1st Pregnancy Trimester Bouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ball 2nd Pregnancy Trimester Bouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ball 3rd Pregnancy Trimester Bouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ballBouncing ball